ONIG Board of Directors 2015-2017 – Call for nominations
Deadline for nomination submission: February 21, 2015 at 1700 hours (5:00 p.m. EST)
ONIG promotes the awareness and value of nursing’s contribution to quality health care through health data, information and knowledge management enabled by the use of technology. Your talent, expertise and passion for informatics will ensure ONIG continues to grow and thrive. For the 2015-2017 years, ONIG is seeking nominees for Communications, Secretary, and President Elect positions. All positions are two year terms.
Position descriptions are available here.
Qualifications for Office:
Any person nominated to an elected Board position shall be a nurse, a member of RNAO and ONIG, and shall continue to be such so long as the nurse holds office.
- Each Director of ONIG shall:
- Have informatics experience,
- Be currently working in the field,
- Have the capacity to contribute to the development of information technology solutions that support quality health care
- Be available to attend, a majority of the regularly scheduled meetings, in person or by conference phone call, at least one face to face meeting and at least two education days per year
- Be supported by their employer (i.e., able to meet the expectations of the role)
The list of candidates will be posted on the ONIG website in late February. Elections (conducted electronically) will take place shortly after the listing of candidates has been posted to the ONIG website. The results of the election (should one be required) will be announced at the forthcoming Annual General Meeting in March 2015.
Instructions to submit your candidacy for one of the three ONIG positions:
1) The Candidate must submit an application form, which can be found at this link. The candidacy application form requires basic contact information and selection of the position you wish to declare your candidacy toward. Also, as part of the application form, candidates are asked to provide a short biography (250 words) which describes their education/experience and the reason for interest in the position. Please complete the candidacy form by February 21st, 2015 at 17:00.
2) All candidates are also required to have a Nominator for their desired position. A Nominator must be an RNAO and ONIG member (in good standing in 2015), and complete the Nominator form by February 21st, 2015 at 17:00. A link to the Nominator form can be found here.
If you require further information regarding the application process, please contact Margaret McCormack, Past President, at firstname.lastname@example.org