ONIG promotes the awareness and value of nursing’s contribution to quality health care through health data, information and knowledge management enabled by the use of technology. Your talent, expertise and passion for informatics will ensure ONIG continues to grow and thrive. For the 2016-2018 years, ONIG is seeking nominees for Education Director.
Qualifications for Office:
Any person nominated to an elected Board position shall be a nurse, a member of RNAO and ONIG, and shall continue to be such so long as the nurse holds office.
- Each Director of ONIG shall:
- Have informatics experience,
- Be currently working in the field,
- Have the capacity to contribute to the development of information technology solutions that support quality health care
- Be available to attend, a majority of the regularly scheduled meetings, in person or by conference phone call, at least one face to face meeting and at least two education days per year
- Be supported by their employer (i.e., able to meet the expectations of the role)
Position Description: Education Director
Reports to: President, ONIG Board of Directors
Qualifications: Elected member of ONIG Board
- Chair Education Committee and report activities to the Board
- Maintain an inventory of related conferences and informatics publications
- Initiate and coordinate ONIG’s participation in relevant conferences
- Ensure advertisement of ONIG’s activities in relevant publications
- Serve as liaison between OTN and the host site
- Coordinate planning and execution of education days
- Perform such other acts and duties as the Board may, from time to time direct
- Position is held for two (2) years and not to exceed two (2) terms.
Instructions to submit your candidacy for one of the four ONIG positions:
The Candidate must submit an application/nomination form, which can be found here. The candidacy application form requires basic contact information and selection of the position you wish to declare your candidacy toward. Also, as part of the application form, candidates are asked to provide a short biography (250 words) which describes their education/experience and the reason for interest in the position.
All candidates are also required to have a Nominator for their desired position. A Nominator must be an RNAO and ONIG member (in good standing).
Please complete the candidacy form by March 27th 2016 at 17:00 and email to Past President - firstname.lastname@example.org