Call for nomination for secretary position vacancy
ONIG promotes the awareness and value of nursing’s contribution to quality health care through health data, information and knowledge management enabled by the use of technology. Your talent, expertise and passion for informatics will ensure ONIG continues to grow and thrive.
Call for Nomination to Board of Directors: Secretary, for remainder of the 2012–2014 term
Deadline: October 15 2012 at 1700 hours (5:00 p.m.)
The list of candidates will be posted on the ONIG website from Oct 16-30th, 2012. Elections will take place electronically during this period and results will be posted to the website.
Qualifications for Office
Any person nominated to an elected Board position shall be a Registered Nurse, a member of RNAO and ONIG, and shall continue to be such so long as the nurse holds office.
Each Director of ONIG shall:
• Have informatics experience,
• Be currently working in the field,
• Have the capacity to contribute to the development of information technology solutions that support quality health care
• Be available to attend, a majority of the regularly scheduled meetings, in person or by conference phone call, at least one face to face meeting and at least two education days per year
• Be supported by their employer i.e. able to meet the expectations of the role
Reports to: President, ONIG Board of Directors
Primary Function: To maintain a record of the activities of the ONIG Board meetings
Qualifications: Elected member ONIG Board
• To develop and circulate agendas and other pertinent materials for Board meetings
• To record the discussion, decisions, and actions of the ONIG Board meetings and ensure minutes are posted on the website no later than one week following the Board meeting
• To conduct correspondence as requested by the President
• To receive a copy of general correspondence addressed to ONIG
• To ensure the following are carried out: (I) ONIG Application Form is current, (2) Maintain all business contacts for ONIG.
• Notify Board members of their election
Duration: Position held for two (2) years and not to exceed two consecutive terms.