Call for nomination for Communications Director, Secretary, & President Elect
ONIG promotes the awareness and value of nursing’s contribution to quality health care through health data, information and knowledge management enabled by the use of technology. Your talent, expertise and passion for informatics will ensure ONIG continues to grow and thrive.
- Call for Nomination to the Board of Directors: Secretary, for remainder of the 2012–2014 term
- Call for Nomination to the Board of Directors: President Elect, and, Communication Director (2013-2015 term)
Deadline: January 30, 2013 at 1700 hours (5:00 p.m.)
The list of candidates will be posted on the ONIG website in early February 2013. Elections will take place shortly after.
Qualifications for Office
Any person nominated to an elected Board position shall be a Registered Nurse, a member of RNAO and ONIG, and shall continue to be such so long as the nurse holds office.
Each Director of ONIG shall:
- Have informatics experience,
- Be currently working in the field,
- Have the capacity to contribute to the development of information technology solutions that support quality health care
- Be available to attend, a majority of the regularly scheduled meetings, in person or by conference phone call, at least one face to face meeting and at least two education days per year
- Be supported by their employer i.e. able to meet the expectations of the role
- Persons nominated must be RNAO members in good standing for the year 2013, who are willing to carry out the obligations of the office to which they may be elected
- Nominees require the signatures of a nominator who must be an ONIG member in good standing for 2013
- All nominations should include a short biography of the candidate of not more than 250 words which describes education/experience and reason for interest in the position
- Complete the following nomination form, and submit to Lynn Tkac (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on January 30th, 2013.